SAFETY TIP WHEN DESIGNING YOUR NURSERY
Designing your baby’s nursery is something many expectant parents really look forward to; a wonderful chance to create a bright and fun space for you and your little one to enjoy together.
Before you start getting excited about colours and themes, it’s a good idea to tick off some safety precautions so you can be worry free about bub’s beautiful new environment.
Nursey Safety Do’s
- Do make sure there is a working smoke detector in (or next to) baby’s room
- Do cover electrical outlets with plug protectors
- Do keep baby changing supplies high away from little fingers
- Do ensure your cot mattress is a tight fit and there are no gaps between cot and mattress
- Do ensure mattress protectors are a firm fit
- Do ensure bumpers are tightly tied with no loose or hanging ties
Nursery Safety Don’ts
- Don’t place cots or furniture under/next to windows
- Don’t use toy storage boxes with heavy lids as they can be hazardous to little hands or children may climb into them
- Don’t leave the cords for curtains/blinds where children can reach them
- Don’t choose heavy décor. Lightweight hanging items will prevent injury if they fall. *decals/canvas prints image?
Now you can really get creative designing your dream nursery, a space that you and your family will cherish!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.